Album Archive Search

Introduction

Hello and welcome to this musical journey! We found this poster while up in Stillwater, MN. We figured it would be a fun musical experience ...

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Hey I Found This New Album For You. Wait, NEVERMIND You Probably Heard It Before...

 

Artist: Nirvana
Album: Nevermind
Genre: Grunge, Alternative rock, Hard rock
Release date: September 24, 1991



Description:
    NAKED BABIES AHOY! This 2nd, yet most successful, album for the band is a Butch Vig produced classic. Being the first album to feature Dave Grohl, this record truly shows his drumming talents. The album was recorded in both Sound City Studios in Van Nuys, California, and Smart Studios in Madison, Wisconsin. The album features many singles such as Come As You Are, Lithium, In Bloom, and of course, Smells Like Teen Spirit. This release was clearly a success, hitting #1 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart selling 300,000 copies a week. 

Favorite Track: Stay Away

Reason: The fast-paced rhythm of the drums and bass gets my heart pounding along right away. It has a very Punk-Grunge style of being more low-key in the verse and getting much heavier in the chorus. When I first heard this album in middle school, I was drawn to this song particularly due to its fast tempo and heavy chorus whereas a drummer, I get to beat the heck out of the cymbals and drums.  The lyrics are very basic in nature, but it's a fun song to scream along to while playing. The bass keeps constantly grooving along, helping to keep the tempo of this grunge style song from slowing down at all. 

Album Rating: 9.5/10

As one of my favorite albums to play along to, this Nirvana classic is a must for Grunge, punk, and rock enthusiasts alike. The first time I played along to this album, I was in my parent's basement on the drums for hours. I was playing through like 4-5 times. The Vocals of Kurt Cobain ring out in angst to sexism, the system, and more. Krist and his bass are so very aggressive, yet expressive in every song on the album. Last but not least, Dave on the drums is a masterpiece of musicianship. As a drummer myself, I identify with Dave and his aggression he puts into every hit on his drum kit. This album defined a generation for years to come. The true birth of the Grunge genre came from this band and album alone! If you haven't heard this one yet, please go listen right away. Overall this album defined a generation, a genre, and helped me define myself as a musician!

No comments:

Post a Comment