Album Archive Search

Introduction

Hello and welcome to this musical journey! We found this poster while up in Stillwater, MN. We figured it would be a fun musical experience ...

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Massive attack: Daydreaming for hip hop


Artist: massive Attack
Album:Blue lines
Genre: Soul music, Trip hop, British hip hop, Alternative hip hop
Release date: April 8, 1991

I was honestly suprised when me and my boyfriend put this one on. We both didn't know what to expect, I haven't heard of the artist nor the album so I went in blind. It gives off hip hop vibes without being too heavy and it reminds me of low-fy a bit or something more mellow.

Favorite song: Daydreaming
It has some fun nods to other songs like here comes the sun and rich girl. And the beat was good as well. Just an interesting song in my opinion 

Rating: 9/10
As someone who isn't a huge fan of hip hop, this was a good introduction to the genre in a way that wasn't too overpowering, and the lyrics are easy to understand. And the beat isn't too bad either

No comments:

Post a Comment