Album Archive Search

Introduction

Hello and welcome to this musical journey! We found this poster while up in Stillwater, MN. We figured it would be a fun musical experience ...

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Imagine: An Album By John Lennon Review


Artist: John Lennon
Album: Imagine 
Genre: Rock, Soft rock, Blues rock, Art rock
Relased: September 9, 1971

Description: "Lush," quite possibly the best word to describe this album. As the second studio album by John, it complete contrasts his first album he released solo. Like the name of the album, the title track is indeed his signature song as an artist. This album hit number one on the UK and US charts.

Favorite track: I Don't Want Yo Be A Soldier

Reason: It's Lyrics (or lack of many) make this a very unique song. While listening to the song I could really understand the use of the "Phil Spector Wall Of Sound" in this track. Much like Lennon's lyrics on I Want You (She's So Heavy) the minimal lyrics approach is a very unique approach. It really makes a unique instrumental approach as well. 

Album rating: 6.8/10

Although by a member of my favorite band ever, I never really latched onto this album as much as I did with The Beatles. The album was very heavy on the "lush" feeling. I love Imagine and the above obvious, but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment