Album Archive Search

Introduction

Hello and welcome to this musical journey! We found this poster while up in Stillwater, MN. We figured it would be a fun musical experience ...

Monday, November 7, 2022

On The PLUS side, You Can Call on Ed When You Need Some Naked Sheep.

 


Artist: Ed Sheeran
Album: + (plus)
Genre: Pop music, Acoustic music, Soul music, Folk music, Indie folk, Blue-eyed soul, Hip hop soul
Release date: September 9, 2011

Description: 
    Ever wonder whose behind that large collection of wool they use to make your Christmas sweater? Well, ladies and gentlemen, I present Ed Sheeran (sheep). Just kidding! This debut album by the English singer-songwriter was his commercial breakthrough. With two singles on this release, Sheeran was able to get them to number 3 and 4 on the UK charts. The album itself saw placement at number 5 on the Billboard 200. 

Favorite Track: Drunk

Reason: The track has a great beat behind it. The story telling of a person losing that someone special with the end of a relationship. The song goes through the life of the person after the breakup, where they drink their sorrow away only to find out that no matter drunk or sober, the pain still lingers on. I've been there before with a relationship ending abruptly and not being able to handle the thoughts of loneliness and having to deal with the raw emotion. 

Album Rating: 7.0/10

I like the overall beats and instrumentals of the album, but the lyrics do not connect for me. I find it to be an interesting "finding my true sound" style of release. It does play well to the general audience, but for me isn't a big hit. I do end up liking a couple of songs, but overall I can pass on this one for the most part.  



No comments:

Post a Comment