Album Archive Search

Introduction

Hello and welcome to this musical journey! We found this poster while up in Stillwater, MN. We figured it would be a fun musical experience ...

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

This Album Makes Me Feel So Young. A Songs For Swingin' Lovers Review.

 

Artist: Frank Sanatra
Album: Songs for Swinging Lovers
Genre: Jazz, Swing music, Traditional pop, Vocal jazz
Relased: March 6, 1956


Description: The tenth album for Sinatra, It was arranged by Nelson Riddle and the first to hit the top of the UK charts. This album was different from his last. It leans heavy on covers of pop songs in a more upbeat, jazzy, and fast-paced style. 

Favorite Track: Love Is Here To Stay
Reason: A wonderful trumpet solo in this piece, along with a great theme in the lyrics, draw me to the song. It's more about the theme of time passing on and fads fading away, while the love of the main character and is significant other never dying that I love. I feel that in my own relationship as well. 

Album Rating: 8.0/10

I like jazz a lot. I do love a good jazz album, This is a great album. This collection of reimagined pop songs is wonderful. I will say however, that this album is very similar across the board. The songs are catchy, but it is a very simple jazz record. I get why people love having popular songs re-done in a jazz style seems new and hip. I still love this album and will always like listening to it, but it isn't my favorite jazz record of all time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment